Get the body of your dreams with these intense and effective barbell exercises. Here are some of the best barbell exercises for women.
Metabolism stops due to muscle loss, resulting in loose skin, physical weakness and fat accumulation. But panicking won’t help! Doing weight exercises three times a week may help prevent or reverse this. Although dumbbells are often used during weight training, barbells have also gained popularity in the fitness world. Let us tell you about some of the best barbell exercises for women, their benefits and side effects.
What is a barbell?
A barbell is a long, straight, cylindrical rod with varying diameters that is used to aid in burning fat and toning and tightening muscles. You can use it for a wide variety of activities. It is safe and ideal for beginners, but it should be used under expert guidance.
Barbell Workout for Women
Take a look at these five full-body barbell exercises for women suggested by fitness instructor Yash Aggarwal, who also shared the benefits and side effects of working out with barbells.
Place the barbell on the upper back (traps). Feet shoulder width apart.
- Lower hips back and down.
- Keep the knees in line with the toes.
- Lower yourself until your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Drive through the heels to return to starting position.
- Stand with feet hip-width apart.
- Hold the barbell with hands shoulder-width apart.
- Keeping the back straight, hinge at the hips.
- Lower the barbell toward the ground.
- Keep the bar close to the body.
- Lift up by extending the hips and knees together.
3. Overhead Press
- Start with the barbell at shoulder height.
- The grip should be slightly wider than shoulder width.
- Press the barbell upward.
- Engage the core to protect the lower back.
- Lower the barbell back down to shoulder height.
4. Sloping Rows
- Hinged at the hips, chest parallel to the ground.
- Hold the barbell with hands slightly wider than shoulder width.
- Pull the barbell toward the lower chest.
- Keep the elbows close to the body.
- Lower the barbell with control.
5. High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) with Barbell.
Combine exercises like squats, deadlifts, rows and presses in a sequence. Perform each exercise for the prescribed number of repetitions without rest in between. Rest briefly between rounds. Repeat for several rounds to increase heart rate and burn calories.
Choose one or more barbell exercises. Perform each exercise at maximum effort for 20 seconds.
Always prioritize proper form over heavy weights, increasing intensity gradually to avoid injuries. Consider consulting a fitness professional for personalized guidance,” says Agarwal.
What are the benefits of barbell exercises for women?
1.Makes the body strong
Exercises with barbells are a great way to increase muscle volume throughout your body. Barbell workouts are an excellent option for people who want to improve their pecs, quads, and other muscles.
2. Improves your athletic performance
Exercises with barbells help develop upper and lower body muscles, which increases power and speed in a variety of sports.
3. Improves your posture
Barbell exercises, when done correctly, will strengthen the muscles in your stabilizers, which will help you maintain a straight back and upright posture.
What are the side effects of using a barbell?
Everything always has advantages and disadvantages. Similarly, using barbells for workouts also has some side effects.
What is the appropriate barbell weight for women?
Weight depends on the following factors:
- Beginners: Start with a light barbell (15-20 pounds) to focus on form.
- Intermediate: Gradually increase to challenging weight for 8-12 reps.
- Advanced: setting weight based on fitness goals; Differentiate between light and heavy for varied training.
#Barbell #Exercises #Women #Increase #Strength #Improve #Posture
Image Source : www.healthshots.com