By Natalie Quillian, Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief of Staff
During his first two years in office, President Biden worked with Congressional Democrats to pass landmark legislation that forms the basis of his Invest in America agenda, a key pillar of Bidenomics. The American Rescue Plan, the bipartisan infrastructure legislation, the CHIPS and Science Act, and the Inflation Reduction Act are changing lives across the country by lowering costs, creating good-paying jobs, revitalizing American manufacturing, and empowering workers. This year, the President and the entire Biden-Harris Administration have worked every day to quickly and effectively implement these laws and invest in communities that are often left behind. And we’re showing Americans how President Biden’s agenda is benefiting their communities: We deployed Cabinet and administration officials to more than 40 states through four investment tours across the US, demonstrating the impact of the President’s agenda. Hundreds of programs were organized to highlight this. And we launched a new website, Invest.gov, where Americans can see how President Biden’s actions are reaching their own communities.
Although we have more work to do, there are several indicators of the progress we have made this year, here are our 10 favorites:
Invest in America 2023 Top 10
1. Saves 15 million Americans $800 in health insurance coverage by 2023, caps insulin at $35 for seniors on Medicare, begins price negotiations for 10 drugs, recommended for Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries Made vaccines free, and implemented four-fourths of the inflation discount provision. The Inflation Reduction Act, the Inflation Reduction Act, is saving some seniors hundreds of dollars per dose of medication.
2. Investments spurred by the Inflation Reduction Act create more than 210,000 new clean energy jobs through August 2022 and 252,000 manufacturing jobs in 2023.
3. Mobilized nearly $180 billion in private sector investment by 2023, bringing total private sector clean energy and manufacturing investment to $628 billion since President Biden took office. A recent Treasury study showed that 81% of announced investments in clean energy projects since the Inflation Reduction Act was signed have been in counties with below-average wages.
4. Very high forecasts and expectations for manufacturing investment in the United States, likely driven by new projects and investments spurred by the President’s Invest in America agenda, including bipartisan infrastructure legislation, the Chips and Science Act and the Inflation Reduction Act. Are included:
Significant investment in clean energy production spurred by the Inflation Reduction Act also led forecasters to raise their estimates of clean energy production in the United States:
5. BAE Systems, Inc. in New Hampshire. The first potential CHIPS awards were announced on Friday, signaling a new phase of CHIPS implementation that will continue to spur investment, strengthen US supply chains, protect national security, and create jobs.
6. More than 33,000 infrastructure projects were announced from bipartisan infrastructure legislation in 2023 alone, including $30 billion for world-class rail, seven regional clean hydrogen hubs, projects to replace hundreds of thousands of lead pipes, and projects to improve the electric grid. More than 60 projects are involved. , bringing the total number of projects announced since the bipartisan infrastructure legislation was signed into law to more than 40,000.
7. Workers across all industries, especially union workers, achieved historic wage increases, including a 30% increase for UAW workers at the Big Three, a 55% increase for Teamsters workers at UPS, a 55% increase for culinary workers in Las Vegas This includes an increase of 32%. A 21% increase for Kaiser Permanente health care workers.
8. The White House launched five workforce hubs across the country to create a pipeline for good jobs in areas that have seen a concentration of public and private investment driven by the Invest in America agenda. The First Lady traveled to workforce hubs across the country to highlight the investment she has received from employers, community colleges, unions and local leaders to build the new workforce pipeline, including a commitment to train thousands of workers in manufacturing trades, new semiconductor manufacturing Credential programs included. , and new and expanded registered apprenticeship programs.
9. Launched the American Climate Corps to organize a new, diverse generation of clean energy, conservation, and resilience workers. In the first few weeks after launching the initiative, interest was seen from over 40 thousand people, most of whom were under 35 years of age.
10. 7 million households enrolled in the Affordable Connectivity Program in 2023, bringing total enrollment in the program to more than 22 million households, saving households between $30 to $75 per month on their internet bills over the past year Saved.
#President #Bidens #Investing #America #agenda #delivers #results #American #families #White #House
Image Source : www.whitehouse.gov